Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

does this sound like ADD/ADHD?

User Profile
Hi, i am 28 yr old female, I wanted to ask all off you if you could possibly help me to figure out what is wrong with me. I believe i may have ADD. These are my symptoms

1) I am late for absolutly every thing, from important appointments, work of even going down to my friends house or meeting my boyfriend, time seems like another language to me. If for example my BF says to meet him at 8pm, i will have 8pm in my head all day but not 7.45pm which would be the time to set off to his house to pick him up, i will set off at 8pm because that time is in my head and i cant judge how long it will take me to het to his. Its almost like i think i can jump time even thou i know i cant, I just cant seem to snap out of it.

2)I am a constant day dreamer and this is also why i have trouble getting ready to go out(which also makes me late) because i am in a little world of my own moset of the time and even more so if im on my own in solitude(which i like to be from time to time)

3)static in my head, i have noise in my head, not voices or anything like that, nothing scary just like static. kind of hypnotic at times helps me to day dream I am aslo very sensitive. I can get emotional at little things. When i was younger i remember i never slept at all. I used to stay up all night watching films even when i knew i had to get up for school i just hardly ever slept and now i can sleep better but sometimes i cant.

I know this is long but i wanted to hear what others think i have more symptoms like never finish projects, only good at what im interested in i also have hyper focus and a really strange talent of knowing faces. I never forget a face, like a photographic memory.

Confused, help !!!!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2010
Experienced User
Speaking from experience you more than likely have several types of adhd. It sounds like you have classic add, underfocused, and overfocused. That's not a diagnoses but if what you said is true it's likely. If you really think you need it see a doctor. The med combo will make a positive impact on your life. It isn't allways easy to find the right combo though. When you have conflicting symptoms they have to give you meds to counter the meds. It sounds crazy but if the medicine that helps you makes you violent then they'll give you something to calm you down. I'm not on mine right now and I'm all over the place. It's fun and annoying at the same time. You can use the overfocused to your advantage in the right situation. It's not all bad. Adhd and bipolar make the most interesting people.
|

replied June 30th, 2010
Experienced User
Speaking from experience you more than likely have several types of adhd. It sounds like you have classic add, underfocused, and overfocused. That's not a diagnoses but if what you said is true it's likely. If you really think you need it see a doctor. The med combo will make a positive impact on your life. It isn't allways easy to find the right combo though. When you have conflicting symptoms they have to give you meds to counter the meds. It sounds crazy but if the medicine that helps you makes you violent then they'll give you something to calm you down. I'm not on mine right now and I'm all over the place. It's fun and annoying at the same time. You can use the overfocused to your advantage in the right situation. It's not all bad. Adhd and bipolar make the most interesting people.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2010
yeah thanks, i dont like taking medication though, id rather go the alternative route like reiki or acupunctor, which im having at the moment. I have kind of come to trems wiv how i am, i know several people who im on the same counselling course wov who also have ADHD and its helped to talk to them about it. Thanks for your reply, it really helps, anyone else is welcome to share their views on my post as well if u would xxxx
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2010
I have had ADHD my whole life and im only 16 take this into consideration hun meds might be good for you i promice you. Take this information in and realize if you accept it then it can be prevented.
Your life can be a balancing act for any adult, but if you find yourself constantly late and disorganized, overly distracted and forgetful, and overwhelmed by your responsibilities, you may have adult ADD/ADHD. Attention deficit disorder impacts many adults, and its wide variety of frustrating symptoms may hinder everything from your relationships to your career.
Learning about the signs and effects of adult ADD/ADHD is the first step toward understanding the challenges and identifying your own symptoms. Once you understand the difficulties that come with ADD/ADHD, you can learn to compensate for areas of weakness and take advantage of your many strengths and talents.
You may have been able to compensate for the symptoms of ADD/ADHD when you were young, only to run into problems as your responsibilities increase. The more balls you’re trying to keep in the air—pursuing a career, raising a family, running a household—the greater the demand on your abilities to organize, focus, and remain calm. This can be challenging for anyone, but if you have ADD/ADHD, it can feel downright impossible. Go to your current medical doctor and seek attention get medication that fits in with your life vyvanese maybe? ask them to start you wout with 50mg. I hope i helped you out hun. xx. Message me if you have more questions.
|

replied September 18th, 2012
Experienced User
BE CAREFUL WITH VYVANSE:
I am on a blog with other mothers whose children have been on Vyvanse. I have even called my son's doctor about VYVANSE. Please get off that darn drug as soon as you can. You have no idea the damage it will do to your brain. One mother said her son has been on Vyvanse a number of years and he is totally schizophrenic and nothing, and I mean nothing helps to stop the voices he hears continually. I was telling my son about it (and my son was on it only on school days for 15 months) and he said that he hears voices too and thinks it is a good thing. I asked him what is so good about hearing voices. He said it makes him stop and think about what he is doing. There is going to be a big court case over this medicine in the future and I would urge all of you to keep track of how long you have been on this Vyvanse because it is not going to be a pretty sight when the litigation starts on this new-fangled drug. Sure like we want to be SCHIZOPHRENIC too. ADD is bad enough as it is. Try an older, more established drug. Never take something that is brand new for God's sake. Unless it has been out for many years, you can never truly know the side effects. Get off that darn Vyvanse before you hear voices as well. Yes I am ADD as well, my father was too, and my elder brother who were given nothing for their ADD and were able to make a way in life. Please throw out your Vyvanse before you start hearing voices too! I love crystalized ginger and it made an A student out of me, so go find something hot, whether you like ginger, hot peppers or curry and that will help your mind out better than any drug can!!~~!
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...