Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

does this really sound like anxiety?

First off here's a brief description of my life, I'm 20 ySurprised I work full time 40 hrs a week sometimes more. I work night shift 11-7 and have a 2 y/o at home so for me sleep is pretty much non existant. I'm a CNA and work in a LTC nursing home. I was admitted to the hospital for chest pains and my lowest resting heart rate was 125. I had lab work, u/a's, I also had a CT scan of my chest... everything came back good. They were going to send me home but because they couldn't get my heart rate down, they kept me for the night so I could see a cardiologist. He came in, asked me some questions, listened to my heart and lungs, and said I had severe anxiety and sent me home. While at the hospital I was having chest pains on my left side, like someone had a firm squeeze on my heart, and I could feel my heart fluttering in my chest (palpitations) I was trembling like I was freezing but I really wasn't. And it felt hard to breath.... I have a follow up appointment with my dr to discuss this, but should I make a cardiologist app or does this really sound like anxiety. I still have that discomfort in my chest....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2018
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

An organic cause should always be the priority. If the EKG, ECHO , ETT and cardiac enzymes are normal then its unlikely to be a cardiac cause. One can then refer you to a psychiatrist to manage the symptoms and causes of anxiety/ panic disorder.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.