I'm always afraid to see my blood pressure reading on my Omron monitor if it inflates to 160 and up. Tonight it inflated to almost 200 and I shut it off before I got a reading. Does the number it inflates to have any bearing on what the actual reading is? Generally if it inflates to only 150 or so, the reading is normal.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2012
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

Blood pressure readings usually fluctuate throughout the day but if the readings are continuously on the higher side that is more than 140/100 then definitely you require evaluation.Such high readings can lead to other problems as heart issues,stroke,vision problems etc.You would require medications for controlling BP.
Along with that stress management, anxiety control sessions, reduction of caffeine, salt and fat intake in your diet, weight loss motivation and an increase in regular exercise are all the measures necessary to regulate the readings.Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation.
Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.