Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Does my 2 yr old son have ADHD?

User Profile
I need help! I have a son 2 years old and me and other family member think he has some kind of mental health issues.
Just a idea of what he\'s like most of the day- he hits people you could just be talking to him and he will say no a gives you a light hit, won\'t leave the dogs alone I don\'t think she will have a tail left he pulls on it that much! He has to climb on every thing tables chairs when I put him to bed you hear him climbing on draws and his toy box takes him forever to get to sleep, he\'s doesn\'t listen most of the time, he cant just play with one toy for longer then a minute he\'s into every thing but he plays with new toys longer , i try limit tv but he stays and watches tv for hours seem to be the only thing that keeps him entertained but I don\'t want to use that as a easy option for me , he throws toys il could be putting his toys away he throws them back out, when we go to to park or playgroups when it\'s time to go he goes in a tantrum and refuses to get into his

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2011
ADD and ADHD Answer A22773
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

From the description it seems that your kid is a hyperactive with a reduced attention span. But for a proper diagnosis, a physical examination and assessment of his mental development is needed.

You might consult a pediatrician and a child counselor , for the same. This might be helpful.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our ADD and ADHD , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.