Does Love Know Any Age?

Love Knows NO Age...True or False?
TRUE
FALSE
60%  60%  [ 9 ]
40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 15
User Profile
Really curious about how you guys feel about a large age difference in dating. I am 16 and I have a realtionship with a very kind and gentle 21 year old man...we have almost a 6 year difference between us, but I love him to death. What do you guys think? Should LOVE have an age limit?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2008
Community Volunteer
Yes, it does, for more reasons that you can actually consider at this point. You are not yet an adult and he is one. For this reason, any sexual relations with this man would be considered statuatory rape. You are not old enough to enter into such a realtion...and he should know better.

I know that teens can have real affections for older guys. I'm married to a man who is 6 years older myself. However, you have to give yourself the chance to finish school and see your options before you become seriously involved with anyone, especially one who is so far ahead of you in personality and emotional development because of his age. Please consider the reasons why you think you love this guy...if he makes you feel safe, if he fills the gap of your loneliness, if he seems to be the only one who will have you.....etc. Think about what is best for you; think with your head rather than your feelings. I know this from experience, and you do not want to get into trouble not only because of the civil law, but also because of the emotional damage that it can do to your "self" in a seemingly intimate relationship.

I am available any time if you want to talk about this more on here or PM me.
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2008
Supporter
If we were talking a 10year old with a 20yearold then yes that's not right but other ages is tricky. My sister was 15 when she met her partner and he was 27,they're not married with 2 children and the third due next july so their love is true but in some cases it's not. Love can be true at lots of ages, but usually at a young age it's not a keeper, USUALLY not ALWAYS
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I agree with mominashoe on the instance of you're in school and he is not.

I am 19 and have been with my 32 year old husband for two years. I was out of school and already in the real world for awhile before we got together. We are truly in love and have an 8 month old daughter together. There is a 13 year difference between us, while only a 9 year difference between me and his 10 year old son. That is the only weird part.
|

User Profile
replied December 16th, 2008
Supporter
woops meant to say my sister is NOW married not NOT married
|

replied December 31st, 2008
Love does NOT know age.
My opinion.
If you wish, you can message me and I will go further into this, I don't want to give my personal opinion in a post.
Smile
|

replied April 14th, 2009
can it be true love?
im 16, my boyfriend is 17 about to be 18. we have been together for a while and i love him. well i think i love him but people say im too young. i know im just a girl but i hope that my boyfriend and i are that small chance of being together forever.
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2009
Yes i think age doesnt have to do with anything

im going to be 18 in may,and my boyfriend just turned 26 in march, and we have been together sinse November 11/07, 2 years this november.

when we first got together i was 16,and he was 24

i love him so much,and him being 8 years older then me, it doesnt seem like hes that age at all,and yes he has his gr.12,a good job, and i droped out in gr.9, but i am going back to school this may, to get all my credits,he didnt push me to go back to school, we talked about it, and i've decided to go back and do something with my life, and i might be pregnant also, that will be kinda hard at first, but we have been threw so much as it is, so ill think we will do just great with a bahy, that and he has a 4 year old daughter, hes a GREAT man Smile
|

User Profile
replied April 15th, 2009
Community Volunteer
There is so much personal bias here. Someone who is not yet an adult and who is involved with someone who is cannot make an objective statement.
|

replied May 17th, 2009
i am 16 and im not in love with a 20 year old but i am with an 18 year old. i believe that sometimes if you are too young you may "fall in love" to easy but i dont believe that the age difference between people matters.why should it? i dont remember anyone saying you have to be this age to love or you can only love this person. love has no age , no limit and that is the beauty of it
|

replied May 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
i think many teenagers mistake infatuation for love...most but not all...many are very quick to say they're in love without fully understand what that means...very rarely can teenage attain mature love at that age..it happens but rarely...
|

User Profile
replied June 9th, 2009
Supporter
Honey--you are too young to be in this kind of relationship..Your parents need to be all over this..

Does love know age? I believe that when there are two mature adults involved then the answer would be no it doesn't matter..

But, when there is a yongster involved-Yes it matters..Many reasons and one is because the older guy will take advantage and the next thing you know you are the {young girl} who did so and so and did this and that with..It is also a dangerous situation..

If you prefer older people wait until you are older yourself so you can make a rational intelligent decision..

Be careful honey..kd
|

User Profile
replied June 10th, 2009
Supporter
i am 32 years old and my b.f is 51. i am very mature, but there is a difference, of course i make him feel young again.
but when it comes to and adult matched with a child, i dont thin i would agree. if you were 18 years old, then i it would be okay. i would rather him be 21 than 31. but i agree your still a child, you should be dating guys your own age.

for example what are yall conversations like, you talk about high school.
|

replied September 26th, 2009
I'm 17 and involved with a guy who is 26. Things can be difficult when society turns its critical eye on us, but you have to remember that compatibility and common goals and perspectives are MUCH more important than age gaps.

Mominashoe, if you want people to consider your opinions, don't attack them. People shut down and ignore those who insult them. Though you might have made the mistake of getting into a poor relationship as an adolescent and ended up getting used doesn't mean all of us will.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
I'm 17. my boyfriend (who i was with for 10+ months) who i thought to be 20 is actually 27. before i knew he was 27, i was head over heals with him. i felt he was the one. we had plans to get maried and start a future together. he always respected me. we told eachother everything (at least i did). we had trust. after he told me he was 27, my world came crashing down. i had plans to start a future with my 20 year old bf, not this 27 year old guy. some people say that age is just a number. that i shouldnt label this number on his forehead. but it hurts. im scared. not because of the age, but the law. a part of me wishes to stay with him, while the other wants to run. i really do love him. with all my heart. i dont know what to do.
|

replied June 29th, 2011
Experienced User
i don't know where that person is from but the age of consent in the uk is 16 so that's fine in my opinion. a lot of my friends have the same age gap at the same young age. as long as you're happy.
|
Quick Reply