User Profile
Hello, I have what I believe is ingrown pubic hairs on the shaft of my penis. They are pretty large (about the size of my pinky nail) flesh colored, and hard. They appeared a few months after I cut the same spot of my penis with an electric razor while shaving. I can see where the hairs look like they are trying to escape from the skin at the tips of the bumps. Im wondering if they will go away on their own or if I can cut the hairs out of the skin? They are very embarrassing when Im with a sexual partner because im sure they think they are herpes or gentile warts. Does it sound like warts or herpes?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2012
Herpes and Genital Warts Answer A31270
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the skin lesions that you describe on the shaft of penis without examining them. If these have got worse, or have not resolved, you should consider getting them examined by your doctor/Andrologist at the earliest. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Drink plenty of water. Avoid further intercourse unless cleared by your doctor. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about sexual health issues, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a sexual health disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for sexual health disorders....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.