Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Does anyone else notice a difference between generics?

Has anyone else noticed a difference when buying generics at different pharmacies? I’ve been taking Adderall XR for the past four years (generic for the past three) and recently when my pharmacy was out of the med, I had to go elsewhere. I initially thought nothing of it… until now (three weeks later) when I was trying to figure out what has been wrong with me lately. Normally (with my usual generic) I am calm, alert, energetic, and breeze through tests - often scoring in the high 90’s (I’ve gotten nothing but 4.0’s since I started taking it). But recently I began experiencing a jittery / restless feeling, have had a hard time retaining information when I study (for the first couple weeks, I thought I had suddenly become stupid), have had trouble managing my time, and I’ve been gaining weight. I know it’s not all in my head, because I was truly wondering what was wrong with me until I just now realized that the time frame coincides with my change of generic. This is so odd! I know it is supposed to be the same medication and it shouldn’t make a difference… but it does. Before my doctor diagnosed me with ADHD, I used to take caffeine pills to concentrate (I guess it was my attempt to self-medicate)… and this is exactly what this pill feels like - it's as though someone replaced my medication with a stacker 2 or something. Has anyone else had problems with the Walgreens generic or a similar problem? Maybe it’s just me? baffle
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 10th, 2012
it could be.. maybe the don't store it correctly or there was something wrong with that batch
|

replied November 6th, 2013
did it happened just when u bought them from a pharmacy, or did u buy also online?
|

replied November 6th, 2013
did it happened just when u bought them from a pharmacy, or did u buy also online?
|

replied October 27th, 2014
Experienced User
i think so you can buy online.
|
Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...