Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Celiac Disease Forum

Does anybody else have these symptoms along with Celiac disease?

I found out I have Celiac around two years ago. It started with a frequent urge to use the restroom even though I would have already gone multiple times. I've never had diarrhea always somewhat normal but very uncomfortable. I now continue to go between 3 and 8 times a day with "normal " stools but they are sometimes hard to pass even when I'm not constipated. I also had many attacks that would be from my lower abdomen all the way into my ribs that would literally feel like my insides were being ripped to shreds. If I had to compare the pain to anything it would be comparable to heavy contraptions. These attacks leave me either hunched over on the floor or in my bed for hours unless I fell asleep. They don't occur as frequently now that I've been gluten free (besides accidents) but they still happen at random. Anyone have these attack happen to them??

Also I've had a few other strange incidents. I often feel extremely fatigued and uncomfortable. Sometimes to the point that I don't want to do anything but lay down all day. One morning I was awoken to an extreme burning/sharp/stabbing pain on the left side of my chest where my heart is. I sat up and it went away after a few minutes. It scared me to death because I've never felt anything like it before in my life. Could that be related to celiac at all?

Thank you for looking
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 23rd, 2013
Contractions not contraptions
|

replied August 6th, 2013
Yes, you have celiac disease, and may also be lactose intolerant as a result of the celiac problem. Stools are often sticky, and very hard to pass. Gluten free oatmeal helped me with this, however the real cure is to find all of the things in your diet that are still containing wheat and or lactose, and you still have some, there is no doubt about it.
|

replied November 22nd, 2013
Experienced User
Check for diviculortitis..
|
Must Read
Is Celiac disease a food allergy? (it is not) What causes Celiac and what puts you at risk for developing it? Basic facts about Celiac Disease here....
What can trigger celiac disease? And who is at risk of developing the disorder? Click here to learn more....
A range of symptoms manifest during Celiac Disease. Learn what signs and symptoms to look for, and when to seek help....