Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

does a loss of one testicle affect body in any way?

I've lost right testicle due to testicular torsion 2 years ago and i was wondering does a loss of one testicle affect body in any way? Will i look the same just with one as i would with two (if i train) or will there be a difference? I will try to explain why i am asking this. In my free time i am doing exercises (i'm not a bodybilder, i do only natural exercises: push ups,pull ups and so on..) so i want to look the best i can with it. And since a loss of a testicle lowers testosterone level that means i can't look the same as i would with two because of the less muscle mass (if i am wrong please correct me). Also i don't smoke and i rarely drink alcohol. I was looking for an answer on the internet but i just couldn't find it and i would be very pleased if some of u could answer on any of my questions. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 2nd, 2016
Experienced User
Sure I can help answer some for you. My Dr.s wanted to remove both of my testicles from intermittent testicular torsion damage last year on me. I said no to castration and to any exploratory or orchiopexy surgery because my Dr.s were so extra eager to castrate me. I'm 50 years old and they seem to think men don't care or need any testicles at my age. They gave me the whole sales pitch to get castrated and what would happen if I lost one or both testicles to torsion or to their gelding surgery now or in the future. Email me if you want more info too.

So, here a few answers for you and other men facing losing testicles or having not working testicles hanging on them.

One healthy testicle can do all the work of two testicles if needed. One can grow bigger and put out more daily testosterone, sperm, and all other testicle functions after about three months to one year to adjust and grow bigger and increase the one testicle output to make the output of two testicles. Some men will see a doubling in testicle size all the way to no visible size increase. But the rate of testosterone output and sperm output can increase even if the testicle size stays the same. Your own individual set level of testosterone and sperm count is a mix of your unique genetics, testicles, and the pituitary gland that regulates and tells the testis and other male organs what levels of sperm and testosterone to produce and maintain. The pituitary gland in the brain monitors the minute by minute sperm and testosterone output in the man's blood stream and testis every day. If the testosterone level gets to high or low, the pituitary gland sends messages to the testis to make more or less testosterone and sperm as needed to get the levels back to your unique inner setting as determined by your unique pituitary gland and your unique target internally set and body driven desired levels of testosterone and sperm production levels. If a man adds any artificial testosterone to his body, its shows in his blood and the pituitary detects it and tells his own testicles to decrease or stop his own natural testosterone and sperm production to reach his own pituitary target levels again. Long over use of added testosterone can make a man sterile and turn off his own testicles permanently and irreversably. Some drugs can alter a man's sperm production and testosterone levels short term but not long term, except to sterilize and castrate him permanently.
|

Experienced User
My Dr.s said I could choose to have one or two artificial testicles (fake balls) inplanted in my scrotum and sewn onto the ends of the cords just like my real testicles and pull up and down like my real ones do on those cords in hot and cold conditions. Most companies make three sizes of adult artificial testicles (small adult, medium, and large adult sizes)and several sizes of smaller boy sized balls for boys until they grow bigger and get larger replacement sizes put in as they grow older to match their dad's and brother's testicle sizes at each different age and not hang big adult sizes on little boys right off that would look too big hanging on smaller boys with too small of boy sized scrotal sacks to hold big adult balls. You can look up these artifical testicles online and see the different sizes and materials, hard plastic, saline filled balls, and soft solid ones. I'm blessed with huge testicles that are bigger than the largest adult sizes and brands. So, my Dr.s said I could just get the largest size or choose from much bigger artificial testicles made for animals like bulls, stallions, goats, and dogs, that are made the same ways and from the same materials as the human ones lol. The adult man's sized scrotum can stretch or contract to fit lots of different sized testicles with no problems. I said I wanted a bull or horse sized pair if I lose mine own set lol to show off and brag on in locker rooms. But the truth is most men and boys are too afraid of being called gay to look close at other guys testicles and scrotums in locker rooms. I taught middle school Phy Ed and swimming for years and most guys never noticed or said anything when both of my really big testis pulled completely out of my scrotum and disappeared way up into my guts from being in cold water all day long. Some little boys would ask me why I had no balls and I'd just explain why. Lots of men are so hairy that you can't seewhat's in their scrotums wet or dry, like me.
|

Experienced User
Current and future sperm production and fertility is less predictable for men with damaged testicles. But one healthy testicle can give a man all the kids and sex he can ever want. A damaged testicle can range from lots of sperm and very healthy sperm swimmers to no sperm at all. Sometimes one damaged testical can cause a sympathetic reaction in his undamaged testicle that can make the good testicle make less or no healthy sperm or lower numbers of sperm. My dr.s said to masturbate and freeze some of my sperm if I want have any future kids and if I lose my testicals to torsion or castration in surgery. It costs around $400 to $1000 to set up the first sperm deposits and freeze them and then around $200 to $600 a year for storage fees to keep em frozen. And more money to unfreeze and artificially inseminate a woman to get your unfrozen sperm close enough to her eggs to make a baby. Some men have sperm that freezes and thaws out good and some men's sperm die off too much or can't swim after they get frozen. Hopefully you can freeze some and see before you lose your own testicles to castration or long term damage. You just masturbate into a small cup and hand it to lab techs to freeze it. Most men's testicles tend to make less sperm and testosterone as they age and get less fertile anyway, so freezing younger is better than later for most men. Its easy to test for your own sperm count and health in clinics or by home do it yourself sperm test kits for sale online or by mail now. You can even jack, shoot, and freeze sperm yourself at home and then mail the sperm back packed in dry ice to the long term frozen sperm banks by mail now !!!!
|

Experienced User
My Dr.s said I could get artificial testosterone if I lose both testicals but that taking it when my own testicals are still working at all would slowly close down my own testicals' natural functions and production until I was sterile and my testicals would then atrophy down to dried up little dead cinders of balls if I added too much artificial testosterone and my pituitary detected too high of levels in my blood, and told my own testicals to slow down or shut off to try to lower the levels in my blood. That would turn down or turn off my own sperm production along with the testosterone production levels.

My Dr.s said they can't make any sperm if my testicals get damaged beyond hope or get cut off in surgery, I'd be sterile and no going back then. They can give men drugs to turn up sperm production and testosterone output from his own testicals for a while, but not a whole lifetime. So freeze and bank sperm if its a worry and you might want any future babies from your own testicals.

My dr.s said they can even give me an artificial penis implant to get erections and have sex if my own penis gets to where it doesn't work any more. A bionic penis lol or artificial testosterone to keep me going too.
|

replied February 9th, 2016
Thanks for the answers, i will reply here all at once so i don't have to reply at each of ur messages. It's good to share experience with a person alot older than I am(16 years old).I see you mentioned implants and i alredy got one, the doctor gave me large size so i don't need to have surgery in the future, again. It feels like a normal one, so visual appearance is not bothering me. Other testicle is fine, not damaged, working 100%. This part where u explaining the process of adding artificial testosterone in body really helped me, because i was scared that my testicle doesn't produce that much testosterone as it would with two and lately i started thinking about adding testosterone medicine, but after i've read this i changed my mind and i won't consume anything of that kind. Also, i am not interested in banking sperm because, as i said up there, i don't smoke, rarely drink alcohol and i am completely healthy. After reading all this, I still got one more question to ask, if u are able to answer. As far i understood the only difference between having one and two testicles is in sperm count?
|

replied February 12th, 2016
Experienced User
One healthy testicle can do all the work of two testicles. Many men and boys with one testicle will see the remaining healthy testicle increase in size and get larger to do the work of two normal sized testicles. Men with one testicle usually do need the larger or largest sized artificial testsicle implants to match how much larger their remaining healthy testicle will grow to compensate for the lost one in increased sperm and testosterone production with enough time to grow bigger and do the wrok of two healthy testicles. There is a direct connection between sperm production and testicle size in most men, the bigger the testicles, the more sperm it makes. But some small testicles can make large numbers of sperm too. The total sperm count can vary a lot from one man to the next and from one time to another and in each ejaculation in the same man or boy. At 16 you're likely a fertile man and making lots of sperm already with mostly or nearly fully mature testicles amking man sized semen loads every time you shoot. You can have a sperm test done by just masterbating a full load of semen and getting it tested to see if your sperm is healthy and if you have lots of sperm to become a dad in the future. If your sperm is not all that numerous or healthy, you can freeze and bank some just as backup insurance in the future in case your future sperm numbers or health decline or get into troubles with future injuries or whatever. It costs around $400 to $1000 to get set up and bank anywhere from three to more than that number of ejaculations worth of your semen and around $200 to $600 per year to keep your sperm frozen in a sperm bank for your future use to make babies when you want.

I'm glad to hear you're not trying to take any artificial testosterone type products since those can cause your own testicles to shut down completely or to work less for you. Your remaining testicle will adjust and probably grow to produce more sperm and get to be a champion sized testicle that most men will envy. Many one testicled men have a whale of a big healthy testicle doing the work of two nuts. At your age, you probably have way more sperm in every load than your future wife will ever need to get pregnant. Just protect your one ball with a jock, hard cup, and extra caution in sports and work or freeze and bank some semen loads to be extra sure you can have kids in the future. I'm childless by choice so I don't have to worry about my sperm counts, except to know how healthy my testicles are working every once in a while by testing my semen at a lab. Most 16 year olds could keep dozens of women pregnant if they wanted to lol. You likely have lots of extra healthy sperm numbers to spare.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...