Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

doctors just made me feel even more hopeless

User Profile
I've been feeling really sad, hopeless and worthless recently. I'm constantly thinking how worthless I am and crying all the time because I feel so hopeless, and like I can't get a life worth living if I try. I feel very frustrated and guilty for being so useless and like a burden on other people. I get upset at the slightest thing and feel alone and misunderstood by most people.
I get about 4 hours sleep at once and feel tired and like a zombie when awake, my head aches and feels fuzzy and I can't think or remember things properly. I've seen a couple of doctors and don't feel they listened, they haven't done anything for me, just made me feel even more hopeless, like I won't even get any help with the way I'm feeling right now. I really don't know what to do.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 6th, 2014
Depression Answer A49096
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern.

I would suggest you consult a psychiatrist
so thet a Mini mental state exam is performed.
to ascertain depression and or anxiety,
Meds can be adjusted afterwards in addition
to cognitive behavioral therapy. Yoga and meditation , too have proven benefit
in addition to relaxing exercise and you can try these empirically
to observe for improvement

Let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.