User Profile
I'm a 19-year-old female with a history of IBS, GERD, SIBO and stomach ulcers. Recently, I began having pains in my right side that are not relieved by medication. I have severe nausea and a lack of appetite; when I do have an appetite, I can't eat anything more than several bites. I've been staying hydrated to the best of my ability, but I'm often vomiting and thus lose the water I've drank.

I've had two CT scans, an ultrasound on my gallbladder and liver, a HIDA scan, and plenty of bloodwork, all of which have shown normal results. I've lost fifteen pounds over the course of a month, completely unintentionally. This, combined with the pain and lack of information about what's wrong with me has worsened my depression and given me panic attacks.

My urine is dark in the morning from what I assume is dehydration, and my stool is neither solid nor watery--loose, if anything. It ranges in color from pale brown to yellow/orange.

Currently, I'm taking a second round of Xifaxan (antibiotic for SIBO) and anti-nausea medication (Zofran?), as well as omeprazole, an antidepressant and a birth control pill.

I'm desperate for answers. This is ruining my life. I want to feel happy and pain-free again. Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...