Every time I eat something, I have to run to the bathroom within 5 minutes. I wake up with stomach pain. Going poop is the only thing that relieves my pain. I go poop 4-5 times a day. The 15 minutes prior to going to the bathroom, I get extreme stomach pain a little above the bellybutton. I get lightheaded, nauseous, dizzy, numb, sweaty, and the chills. The pain is so bad that I usually cry. I've had multiple blood and stool tests for ulcers, celiac disease, parasites, etc. with everything coming back normal. I had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy with normal results. I do have bad anxiety, but I've been experiencing this pain since June. I know sometimes my anxiety can make things worse, but I know my body and it's frustrating to hear "your stomach probably just hurts from stress". Something is very wrong with my stomach. I don't think it's food allergies because every now and then I'll do ok for a week. This pain has kept me from going to school because it's so embarrassing and very scary for me. Does anyone have any possible ideas on what could be my problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 27th, 2013
Hi, not sure if this will be much help but my mom has suffered for years with the same problem. It started when she was in her early twenties and she had alot of stress. She has had every test run possible with no answers and has even had her gallblader removed which did not help. The only meds she has found that seem to help are prilosec, pepto bismol and an anti anxiety med. She takes all three daily. She has also said that when her symptoms are bad she takes 4 ounces of water and adds 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and stirs it till the baking soda is full desolved and drinks it (years ago before modern med thats what doctors prescribed). I have tried it myself when i had stomach trouble and it helped. It does taste salty though. The doctors have told her it may be hereditary and we found it does run in our family. Also coffee, alchol and any spicy foods make her symptoms really bad. Hope this may help and wish you the best.
|

replied December 27th, 2013
Sorry i should have added this to the reply i posted above but have you had an MRI? The area you described is also where one of the main abdominal arteries is or has your doctor checked for a possible hernia? Just to rule out what the problem may be. Well wishes.
|

replied January 2nd, 2014
Few schools of thought, it is possible to be gluten intolerant but not have celiac disease. You may also have a lactose intolerance. You could try an elimination diet from gluten and see how it makes you feel. The other school of thought would be to be retested for Giardia because unfortunately those buggers are hard to detect and may take several tests to find them. It is however very treatable when found. Hope you recover or at least feel marginally better soon going on 7 months is a long time to feel like garbage. It can be caused by stress, if not it does bring about stress to feel that way so either way try to relax, gratefully tests came back excluding very serious medical problems. Possibly keeping a food diary will help point out what may be causing the irritation.
|
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....