Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Doctor suggested vitamins and folic acid

User Profile
I missed my period . I have done the HCG blood test on the 14th day it was less than 5. My doctor suggested me with the vitamins and folic acid. Until now over a month passed but there is no signs of period. My question is that there could be chances that now I am pregnant??

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 26th, 2013
Pregnancy Q and A Answer A42745
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If pregnancy symptoms have remained persistent, of if you still suspect chances of pregnancy, or if your usual periods have not yet started, you should consider repeating the blood HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets confirmed with the blood HCG level estimation, consider going ahead with getting serial HCG level test done. Doubling up of HCG levels within 48-72 hours will confirm that pregnancy is going on smoothly. Ultrasound scan done within next 2-4 weeks’ time will also help to confirm the gestational age and pregnancy viability. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet. Look out for danger signs like increase in intensity of abdominal cramps, increasing back pain, fresh bleeding etc. Avoid bending or lifting any heavy weights and avoid heavy work. Avoid standing for long duration and avoid climbing stairs. Avoid use of caffeinated and carbonated beverages.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.