Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

doctor suggested take Primolut N Regarding delayed periods

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
i had my periods on 24th Dec last month, and now it has been delayed for almost 7 days. My doctor suggested to take Primolut N. But on net it shows that it is used to postpone periods. Please help on the same.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2012
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Primolut-N is sometimes prescribed to help in inducing a period and withdrawal bleeding after taking Primolut-N usually occurs after 2-3 days of taking the last pill dose. If pregnancy is suspected, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). If pregnancy gets ruled out, further evaluation would be done to look for underlying cause for your absent periods. Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you get your periods and regulate them.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 11th, 2013
Hello Doc,
i had the same situation,but how long i will take the primulot N?how many days?when i should stop taking it?
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 15th, 2013
same question i have posted..i took one primulet on 15th feb night.. getting the symptoms of periods since a week ....but still no signs.. almost 6 days late since my last periods..please help
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.