Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

doctor misdiagnosed my symptoms won't help

my now ex fianc gave me a suspected STI I went to my local GUM clinic to have a test done and was found to have NSU, I was given medication and was told after 7days it should clear up.

7days later I still had a creamy discharge so returned. more tests were completed and all results stated NSU as chlamydia and gonorrea tests came negative. I was told by the dr I would be given the final dose of drugs normally used with NSU and 5 days it will clear up. it did start to have an effect and was told I have abstained from sex. It has now been 10days and I have still got a creamy discharge I'm abit concerned as now the GUM clinic are refusing to give me an medication.

what can I do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 16th, 2012
Community Volunteer
I mr,

You should get a 2nd opnion. Either the medicine isn't working or you very well could be misdianoised. Try to see a different doctor.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose

P.S. Does your ex know she is infected, if so please write her a letter and tell her to get treated and to please not put anyone else heath at risk.
|

replied July 16th, 2012
yh after i found out i told her which is kinda why im now single again lol. thanks Smile
|
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....