Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

doc said bypass at the age of 85 is not a gud option

My granfather is sufferin frm heart problm..doc said d veins in heart R blocked n heart has enlarged n doc said bypass at d age of 85 is nt a gud option so he suggested injection wch has to b given below d skin ...cn U Pls tel me if dis injections R a gud option or nt n WL this b successful..pls help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Your doctor is very right. Age of 85 is not friendly with bypass surgeries as there are a lot of anaesthetic troubles and more trouble than benefit can result from it. I suggest stick to the plan and do as directed by your cardiologist.You are in safe hands. Need nothing to worry about. Rest assured you should know the situation here and prognosis should be well explained to you.
Take care
|

User Profile
replied April 19th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Your doctor is very right. Age of 85 is not friendly with bypass surgeries as there are a lot of anaesthetic troubles and more trouble than benefit can result from it. I suggest stick to the plan and do as directed by your cardiologist.You are in safe hands. Need nothing to worry about. Rest assured you should know the situation here and prognosis should be well explained to you.
Take care
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.