Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Do you ever feel like hurting yourself?

Do you ever feel like hurting yourself?
NO!!!
But every day I think about ki lling myself!
I’m too much of a wimp to do it!
And if I’m not thinking about ki lling myself I’m thinking of scenarios in which I die…
Crashing my car, getting sta bbed or s hot, being ill…. you get the idea.
Sometimes I think writing these thoughts down helps but it’s just holding the demons back from taking my mind in its claws and slowly… squeezing the life out of it.
I am an emotionless wreck, I’ve lost the ability to feel and no matter how loud I scream for help, nobody can hear me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2012
I feel the same... I tried to kill myslef two times but couldn't.
I haven't tried again but I just want and accident to happend, or something that takes my life away...

I tried to write everything down too, but needed to delete the files and throw away the notebooks to actually forget or try to forget.

Maybe nobody can hear you but, hey, I just read you...
|

replied June 28th, 2012
Thankyou for reading, its comforting to know im not the only one who feels this way,that im not some weirdo. Do you still feel the same or have you found a way to erase the pain? I couldn't delete my notes, burn my books they are the only way I can let out how I feel without being judged or looked at like im a ill freak, they are my life jacket keeping my head above he water. I referred to myself before as a wimp, I dont think im a wimp I think deep down somewhere in the black Forrest of my mind I want to survive but buckle every time the waves come crashing down. I think knowing that i have ultimate control over my own life is like putting me back in control of my existence. Life can be painful and we like to know that we can end it all if we have to.
Thankyou for reading, I hope one day you, I and everyone else can be at peace with our existance, our lives and gain the courage to fight the Demons who haunt our dreams...
|

replied June 28th, 2012
I'm scared
I'm only 14 and every waking moment I'm thinking of ways to successfully kill myself.
Last time I cut myself was a couple of weeks ago, i've managed to scar my arm.
Before that I hadn't cut myself in months, but I'm miserable and go through phases when i'm close to picking up pills and swallowing them all.
I have a boyfriend who loves me and supported me when I was cutting myself in the beginning but no one knows about the most recent one.
I don't think I'd ever bring myself to actually commit suicide but I'm getting more and more depressed and am terrified I do.
|

replied September 18th, 2013
Dear all,
Readin your inner thoughts makes me wonder if we are all linked in someway. i had been married to someone for 13years and it was a marriage one does only in presence of God he and i were so much in love that it was too visible to all. however, a mnth back i found out that he was cheating on me and despite forgiving him i am the only one begging him to get back to me while he is showing no remorse or affection that he claims he had for me for 10 years. he has left that girl but he is not inloved with me and says he wont come back but he gets really worried when i try to kill myself. i tried it twice. once i ate pills but not enuf and once i drank contact lense solution. i want him back please tell me how to get him back.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....