Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

do the meds lead to more problems?

User Profile
i had a stroke almost two years ago, they didn't know why, all my doctors put me on all sorts of meds and vitamins, recently i had a lot of stomache problems,gastritis,lots of blood work and urine testswhich have showed elevated kidney function i'm not a drinker..my doctor took me off of my blood pressure med (which i was only taking because i had had a stroke i have never had high blood pressure ) my kidney function has improved a little but not as much as they want, and they want to test me for athereombolic disease i've been told hat i have rhenauds syndrome which causes my fingers and toes and nose to turn blue, but no the doctor says that those are the same symptoms of this other disease so basically i feel like my doctors loaded me up with unessecary meds and killed my kidneys . i really don't know what to do i also have a discoloration on my legs that is sorta blue it looks like bruses but isnt my muscles all hurt my neck back and shoulder is always in pain and frequent migrain

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2010
Stroke Answer A17210
Hi,

Welcome to the forum and I am glad to help you out. In view of the stroke at such a young age and a strong suspicion of athero-embolic disease, there's a possibility of you suffering from one of the diseases which actually increase the possibility of thrombosis.

It could possibly be anti-phospholipid syndrome (commonly seen associated with Lupus), protein C or S deficiency, antithrombin deficiency etc. You'll likely need a detailed hematological work up to find out the underlying cause. The treatment will depend on the underlying diagnosis. Please do consult a hematologist for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.