Must Read
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD) is a neurobiological disorder that can interfere in a person's daily life. Learn more about ADHD basics here....
Have doctors found an exact cause of ADHD? Do biological factors or genes have anything to do with it? More on causes and risks of ADHD development here....
What are the symptoms of ADHD and when do they first present? We outline the principal characteristics of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to help you...
I’m 22 year old and I think I might have ADHD. Recently I had a breakup and I was blamed for not understanding my girl. Long story short I came across a video where I saw the symptoms of ADHD and I was like, “that’s so me”. It also seems to have explained why my girl has so problems with me.
Here are few examples that might help you determine if i really have ADHD:
* I have unpredictable attention. Like at many instances my mom would tell me what to buy from grocery and I just faze out while she tells me a list of items. Most of the time i know that i fazed out and started thinking something else that’s why i need to ask her again. But rarely, it also happens that I can’t even recall her telling me some particular item. That makes her really mad. It has happened so many times that she usually just writes down the list. I also often forget what she told me.
* When I’m motivated nothing can stop me. And when I’m not motivated it takes ages for me to do simple tasks. Like I started my online Tshirt business and I was so excited that i spent 8-12 hours to learn photoshop and i got really good at it to edit shirts. But after a month, I’m not motivated enough to even open photoshop. My business partners really on my photoshop skills and I know i have to edit shirts but it has been months and i just won’t edit I don’t even know why. I don’t feel like it. Similarly, in my first semester of university i was motivated. But in my third semester i miss classes, tests, assignments. I just don’t feel like it. It’s a struggle to argue with my mind. Once i wake up, i would start watching youtube and would waste like hours. I know i should get up but i just won’t.
* My girlfriend says i have changed since the start of the relationship. I used to be excited to meet her and would be romantic. Now, I’m just trying my best to do what she says rather than do something of my own will. I rarely say her I love you. It’s only when she fights and complains that I’m not loving her.
* My grades and everything is going downhills. It’s always,”later”. As long as something excites me, I’ll do it. I can’t keep continuation. Like I have started gym 4-5 times out of motivation and after few weeks i would quit because i just don’t feel like it. I don’t know how i will survive the real world. Where i have to be on time and attentive. I’m awkward in social circles. When somebody would shake hands with me or hug, i would almost always make some mistake. I can’t keep a constant look while speaking to someone. I continuously bite my nails or play with something that can distract me.
* The biggest problem is forgetting stuff. I can’t remember birthdays. Except of very few people. I often can’t recall days. It’s getting worse and worse. I thought maybe I’ve bad memory but I’m not sure anymore. I just want to be alone and escape from problems. Lay in my bed watch season or something and ignore everything.
* I have hard time sleeping since childhood. My mind keeps thinking and thinking. No matter how tired i am, I can’t sleep unless I’m really really tired, or lay on bed for hour, or by some miracle. Masterbation helps in making me sleep though.
I can go on forever and the list will not end. I guess that will be enough to at least help you determine if I really do suffer from some mental illness or I’m just a lazy person.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply