My boyfriend and I are in our early twenties & we have been together for 2 years. I am used to the routine cycle of him leaving and hating me about once a month or so, and have learned to expect it even though it somehow always catches me off guard and breaks my heart each time. I would just like to know if I should just let go. I had the thought that with the right medication, he might stop doing this to me. It always feels like I've done something wrong even though I don't know why or what it is; he just hates me all of a sudden and is fine without me. I used to try to talk to him, but he'd get mad. Today, I approached him after days of not doing so, and he told me he was mad for me giving him space. What does he want from me? Every single time, I break the silence and weather a storm of his rage until he decides he's over his funk, but this time I really want him to just return if he wants to, otherwise let him go. But it's so hard to have that self-control... and what if he leaves me forever? And I lose this person I have thought of spending the rest of my life with? How do I cope with this? I have very few friends and Iove him more than anything, but I can't explain what it does to my self-esteem when he just disappears and hates me, making all the love he ever gave me seem like a lie.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper AmyA
|

replied January 15th, 2014
Extremely eHealthy
I believe this comes under emotional abuse.

If he's doing this to you all the time then you are better off without him. You don't need someone in your life that is going to treat you the way your 'boyfriend' is treating you.

Get yourself a hobby where you can meet new people this can help take your mind off things
|

This is a ROUTINE, trust me, it will not stop girl. People who decide (like I have) to marry or have long term relationships with BP people just have to face that fact. Yes, it weathers on your self-esteem. People who are with BP people have to be patient, slow to anger, confident and HAPPY with just themselves, understanding and unconditional love has to be shown. If you can't do that, you're in for very tough times. Please inbox me if you need any advice! I am married to a BP man!
|

I know what you are going through...I know what you mean by feeling like the love was just a lie...I feel the same way. After 5 years, he just 'gave up'...said things will never change after we had an argument. I've moved out by his request and go back to get more of my things. two nights ago he hugged and kissed me and said because it was normal to him...last night when I came by..nothing...just being kind and acting like I was a friend who he pitied..felt sorry for...being supportive. He acts like he's happily moving forward without me. message me if you want to chat.
|