Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

Do I have Tendonitis or Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?

User Profile
Okay so a couple days ago I was playing the piano for awhile. I must have played too much, because now the top of my left wrist and a little bit above my wrist hurts on the right side of my wrist palm side up. It started hurting yesterday, and I tried to play a little bit of piano and it hurt too much even to just play one note without stretching my hand to play an octave. I get these tingling sensations randomly, and when I was sleeping last night, I got this random pain go up on my arm on the same side it hurts. I don't think it's carpal tunnel, because I had carpal tunnel twice back before this year, also from piano, but on my right hand, and I had pains go up my median nerve up to my elbow, and it hurt where my carpal tunnel was at, of course. So could it be tendonitis or is it still carpal tunnel? It also doesn't look swollen or anything, but it does hurt doing the simplest things.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2013
You need nerve conduction study to make diagnosis. Clinically it is very easy to make a mistake even after examination. By Andre Strizhak

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|

User Profile
replied July 15th, 2013
I had pain on top of my hand n wrist also was severe n lasted a few months not sure what caused it but it did subside I iced it a lot n took anti inflammatory
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Carpal Tunnel Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.