Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Do I Have Schizophrenia? Awareness and paranoia

User Profile
I am 16 years old. I am not on any sort of drug or alcoholic substance.
At about 12 years old i always felt sick. I always had stomach aches and migrains and my concentration was depleting. that lasted a few months and then i became severly depressed. I started to notice people around me and i always felt like they're staring at me and whispering about me.

That "awareness" has gotten worse and now it is all i hear and see. I am always thinking about how people are trying to hurt me, even though they dont know me. i keep to myself completely and i do not have any friends anymore. I used to be popular and happy and skinny-and now im heavier and solitary and miserable.

I am paranoid about everything. I cannot sleep at night because i feel like there is someone watching me. i have racing thoughts all the time- it is never quiet, even when im in an empty room.

These past 2 years...
-i say things without even thinking about it. it can be something totally random, like an answer to a question someone asked me yesterday
-my skin is always tingling, like bugs in my skin and it does not go away
-i have created people and act as if they are real. i talk to them and i can hear their replies (not audibly... more like sensing what they reply)
-sometimes i feel ecstatic like the world is turning my way, like nothing can go wrong
-sometimes i feel evil. just evil and like a mad genius
-most of the time i feel empty, but more like an anvil is sitting in my chest cavity and my head throbs
-sometimes my eye twitches or my hand, involuntarily
-i feel like im a psychic and i can fix everyone's problems, when i always end up making things worse, i blame them, like its their fault things didnt turn out the way i said, like they didnt hear me right or did something else out of spite
-i am almost always short of breath
-i have poor consentration
-my vision is a bit blurry
-my hands or feet have like an internal itch like they want to do something, like when im near someone, my mind is telling them to hit that person, or when i have a piece of paper, my hands want to tear it to bits
-when im walking around school or walking home, i hear people calling my name or whispering it, but i look around and no one is there
-sometimes i see worms or spiders crawling on my face when i look in a mirror, i look away, then back at the mirror, and nothing is there
-sometimes it looks like my face is melting when i look in a mirror
-a few days ago i was lying in bed and my vision went black. I saw an older woman with an axe. she held me down with her knee and then she cut my head off. i couldnt scream but i felt a freezing cold rush to my neck and she dragged me off into a forest of some sorts by my hair. just as she approached the trees, the orange walls of my room faded back into my vision and my neck was ice cold. i had been awake the whole time because i could see the faint glow of my digital clock in the distance the whole time.
please help me because i hate living this way and i miss how i used to be. i would love more than anything in the world just think and feel like a 16 year old girl, not the nightmare that is my life. please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile MarchingDrummer
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2009
From reading your post, it sounds as though you are experiencing Schizophenia. Have you sought the help of a therapist? If not, you may want to do that. Finding the right medication can be difficult, and a trial-and-error process may have to occur. It is important to be open with the psychiatrist, reporting what symptoms and side-effects are occurring, so the doctor can help to find the best medication to meet your needs. It is also important to learn the contraindications of certain medications, such as the effects of alcohol or sunlight on the effectiveness of the medication.

Here are some sites that may or may not help u:
-http://www.nami.org/
-http://www.narsad.org/
-http://www.openthedoors.com/

I hope this helps!!! Smile
|
Users who thank Shortstop for this post: diar 

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2009
Thank you Smile
|

User Profile
replied July 12th, 2009
Your welcome.

~Cryssy
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
I hope u can get some help. You are having some pretty severe hallucinations.
|

replied June 28th, 2010
Hi!What you talking about is without doubt schizophrenia.I would like to help you,but the most important thing is that you are helping yourself.The moment you understand what you feel,hear,act isn't normal is the moment to help your self and go to a therapist.I know this kind of problem ,because my brother in law have had the same symptoms .He is being treated and now he is better and he understand he was ill,he feels the difference.
I wish you the best.I hope this helps.9(sorry about my English)
|

replied August 2nd, 2010
Experienced User
I went through all that when I was 20 and if I was you I would get help like as soon as possible before it gets worse. I kept my feelings to myself unfortunately and didn't tell anyone what I was experiencing. My health got that bad that they had to section me under the mental health act for 6 weeks in a mental hospital. This may have been avoided if I had sought help from a psciatrist earlier and they prescribed me medication... instead I just let it get worse and worse, college said I had to be treated and then I saw a psciatrist and within about 3 weeks a social worker came round and sectioned me. So my advice to you is get help as soon as possible from a psciatrist (gp can refer you) sometimes a referral can take 2 months so explain to your gp the severity of your hallucinations and then may be able to get someone to see you quicker.
Do see a psciatrist because you definately need to be on medication which a therapist or counsellor cannot prescribe for you.

I hope this helps.
Karen
|

replied November 27th, 2011
Hi, I am new to this forum and the reason I joined is because I worry about my son. He is acting weird last few months, accusing me of things that I never did, saying that I am twisting things around and manipulating the conversation. For a while I thought that I was losing my mind, but my daughter thinks that it is him. How do I get him seek help?
|

replied January 10th, 2012
This could mean something. Unfortunately, your post doesn't have enough information to tell anything except something might be wrong with your son or you or no one at all.
|

replied March 3rd, 2014
have i got scitophrena
im a 33 year old woman thats hearing voices shouting at me i have very disturbing dreams on a night all about me been dead i get angry quite a lot for no reason these voices are coming from outside saying there coming to get me if i dont harm myself so im afraid to go out i look out the window to see if i can see anyone but noones there im always been told to hur my self and if i ignore they get really loud ive started just recently just crying cause im struggling to cope i often told by these voices that the world would be better if im not here and im scared is this normal or am i insane
|
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....