Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Do I have possible heart problem, symptoms?

Hi, I'm fifty two years old, have type 2 diabetes and have been suffering from impotency and occasional uncomfortable sensation in the middle of my chest, that I think is heart palpitations, for about two years now. I have virtually eliminated caffeine from my diet and this reduces the palpitations but does not entirely eliminate the problem. I try to exercise but whereas my heart used to pound strongly when I was younger, it seems weaker now, or maybe it's just my imagination because it is on my mind that my heart might be(the self diagnosis of a hypochondriac) enlarging and weakening due to the early stages of heart failure. So, I was already worried about my heart, then, a couple of days ago, I noticed that there were halos around the lunula of every one of my finger nails. It was quite noticeable so I google searched it and found a couple of sites that diagnosed disorders on the basis of the condition of fingernails and nail beds. Both sites said that red around the lunula was a sign of possible heart problems. One of the sites said that heart problems are also associated with a heart line on the ear lobe which IO checked for and found that I have exactly where the website indicated it would appear. On further research it seemed that the heart line on the earlobe has some genuine medical basis according to a number of scientific studies but I cannot determine whether there is any scientific basis for the diagnosis based upon the red holos on my nail beds. Does anyone know the validity of nail, and nail bed diagnoses, and am I just being a hypochondriac worrying about this collection of symptoms? Thanks for any advice any of you are able to give. Regards, Martin
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....