Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Do I have bipolar disorder? Bipolar does run in my family.

Hello, I'm wondering if I'm bipolar. I am a teenager and the symptoms of bipolar in adolescents say that the mood swings can happen multiple times a day. Bipolar does run in my family. Some days I'm so sad I don't want to move I just want to cry I hate myself I feel ugly I feel awful, guilty. And other times I feel completely normal. Then some days I'm really hyper I don't really sleep or sometimes I'll get up in the middle the night and just watch TV cause I cannot lay in bed I need to keep doing things. When I'm hyper my mind is going crazy I just want to like turn my brain off. Sometimes I completely rage I throw things i scream and yell I hit my family members. Please don't say these are teenage mood swings trust me they are not. Sometimes I get so mean and violent and yelling and I just say mean things that I can't control. I just cannot control my brain sometimes. I feel like my brain is going to explode with all the thoughts that go to my mind. Thank you for your help. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 29th, 2014
It certainlyy sounds like bipolar because I had symptoms like your.
|

replied August 10th, 2014
Have you talked to a counselor or therapist about your concerns? You need to get some help.
|

replied October 24th, 2014
Please see a doctor before you convince yourself that you are Bi-polar because you do not want to be. It is horrible. Do you get depressed to the point where you totally isolate from everyone. Then you are suddenly thinking you are the best at everything? That part of being bipolar. Ask your friends if they see a difference in you. Trust me, do not think you are bi-polar unless a doctor tells you so.
|
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...