Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

do i have an eating disorder?

hi i was wondering if i could possibly have an eating disorder. for the last month i have had thoughts to stop eating..now in the last week i have stopped eating and when i do eat i throw it up..now ive heard in order to be anorexic you have to be underwaight which iam not yet. but i have been losing weight then gaining then losing again. iam really afraid i have an eating disorder now and i dont know what to do. i have a therapist but i really dont like them so i cant tell them because most likely they will laugh at me. i cant tell my parents because the last time i told them something like this they didnt care. i have depression and i used to cut myself. i have also tried killing myself but not lately. iam also starting to develop ocd. please help me.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 8th, 2010
Experienced User
Hi horsey1314131617

Please discuss this with your therapist. Just try. I promise that s/he will not laugh at you at all.

I cannot say whether or not you have an eating disorder. Only your therapist can confirm that based on the length of time these thoughts have been filling your head, and your specific thoughts and activities towards food.

But please see your therapist. They can help and support you tremendously. Smile
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Are you wondering if you have an eating disorder? This simple questionnaire may help you understand some of the risk factors associated with a wide range of eating disorders. Tapestry is committed to providing women with innovative eating disorder treatment.
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Experienced User
Hey stevephillips79

I think you forgot to post the questionnaire Smile
|
Tags: weight
Quick Reply
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....