Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Dizzy or lightheaded all the time?

User Profile
Hi everyone :3
I haven't been formally diagnosed with a specific anxiety disorder, but my doctor has said that I have anxiety. He probably meant general anxiety, but I'm anxious ALL the time.
I've noticed that lately, I've been either dizzy or lightheaded all the time. The only time when I'm at peace is when I'm asleep, and it takes me an hour or two to even fall asleep because I'm an insomniac. I get panicky quite a lot, I can't go a day in school without feeling at least a little bit of panic. I don't do well in crowds because they make me feel dizzy.
And, if it makes any difference, I get panic attacks. The longest one I've ever had was 30 minutes long.
Also, I've been really paranoid that I'm dying, or have a chronic disease like cancer or something. My doctor said that all my issues are caused by anxiety, but I'm still scared that I'm the only one. I've been tested for iron deficiency, diabetes, and thyroid problems and they all came back negative.
Anyone else in the same boat? :c
- Kim
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thebirdly26
|

replied April 16th, 2012
Experienced User
Hi ohmycheezits, I experience that exact same thing. I have bipolar disorder, and worry about everything, and it'll bug me till I do something about it. I had a staph infection a year ago on my face, and if my hand or shirt (even if clean) comes into contact, I'll immediately wash my face atleast twice and soak it with warm or hot or warm water. That's just one of the many things that cause me so much anxiety and panic attacks. You're definitely not alone. I would seriously see a professional that works with people like that, not just a doctor. There ant-anxiety meds, relaxing and anti-anxiety techniques an exercises. If you're interested, feel free to email me, and I can tell you some of things my counselor gave to me to help and they do help. As for now, I would definitely try to talk to someone about your anxiety/ stress levels because having it is annoying and can make you feel dreadful. Take care.
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2012
Thank you so much, it's really relieving knowing that I'm not alone. I'm going in to see a psychologist on Wednesday. I'll shoot you an e-mail for some remedies.
|

replied April 17th, 2012
Experienced User
Hey, that's great, and sounds good! Smile
|

replied April 27th, 2012
It could be anxiety mixed with an imbalance of fluid in your ears. That's what I deal with.
Or, panic attacks that are set off by large crowds or other phobias. I get that when I'm driving over bridges...or in small spaces...it's scary.
Good luck...you will sort it out with the help of a doctor/counselor.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied August 13th, 2013
It could be your teeth. Do a search on wisdom teeth and lightheaded and you will find a forum where people complained about the same stuff and once they had their wisdom teeth pulled they felt much better.
|

replied August 13th, 2013
you could also look up the term depersonalization.
|

replied August 14th, 2013
hi iam suffering from dizziness balance disorder and genearalized anxiety disorder. i have fear of going out . i feel secured staying at home. does anyone else feel the same.
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
solution?
Ok, I finally found out what my problem is ( I think) I went for an inner ear test and they came back and said I have issues with my inner ear and I am going for Vestibular therapy. SO....... I would say if you are feeling lightheaded all the time go to the ENT and talk about your inner ear with them. Hope this helps somebody out there.
|

replied September 3rd, 2013
Ok, I finally found out what my problem is ( I think) I went for an inner ear test and they came back and said I have issues with my inner ear and I am going for Vestibular therapy. SO....... I would say if you are feeling lightheaded all the time go to the ENT and talk about your inner ear with them. Hope this helps somebody out there.
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...