I have a few mental illnesses, including major depression, anxiety and social anxiety. I was on cipralex and zoplicone, when I decided life wasn't worth it anymore and Od'd on the zoplicone. I woke up 4 days later to head zaps and huge dizziness. My doctor put me back on cipralex but only half dose and weaned me off and replaced it with sertraline and put me back on zoplicone as well. The head zaps and light headedness toned down a bit but almost 2 years later I still suffer from them all the time, as well as Migraines. I have not passed out but have almost fallen and taken side steps cause of this. Nothing seems spinning. I have had a sleep test and MRI done on my head and everything seems normal. Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Od'ing on a strong sedative hypnotic might be the reason for this vertigo. Your psychiatric conditions and history of migraine may also be the trigger of this central vertigo. It needs a complete clinical correlation with assessment of vestibular functions and cerebellar functions too as time span of two years is too much for any vertigo. Get to your neurologist and let them sort out the cause for you. To me it most likely is the benzodiazepines you are on and migraines.
Take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.