I'm not the kind of person who seeks out medical advice often, and I am also usually one of those irresponsible people who either wait too long to be looked at (I am a full time student and a full time employee), or just simply wait until it goes away.

I know that I have low blood pressure, and there is a family history of stroke and diabetes in my family.

Lately I have been feeling very very tired, and I have been over-sleeping. A few days ago I passed out in my bedroom right onto my face and split my lip open (not very badly but badly enough to bleed and scab over). My heart pounds randomly especially after I walk even short distances like from my couch to my bedroom. I constantly feel like the world is on an angle.

Any ideas of what the heck this is? I do not think I am over-tired because I have been sleeping. Feeling like the world was on an angle happened before I face-planted in my room so I do not think I jarred the fluid in my inner ear. Please Help!

Confused and Looking For Advice
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 17th, 2008
Supporter
Low blood pressure is a problem if it causes dizziness and fainting, which seems to have happened in your case. There are three main types of low blood pressure, also called hypotension:

* Orthostatic hypotension, including postprandial orthostatic hypotension
* Neurally mediated hypotension (NMH)
* Severe hypotension brought on by a sudden loss of blood

The following tests may be done in order to diagnose the cause of low blood pressure:

* Complete blood count ( CBC) and other blood tests, including blood differential
* Blood cultures to check for infection
* ECG
* Urinalysis
* X-ray of the abdomen
* X-ray of the chest

I'd suggest that you go to your doctor's and look into the matter seriously.
|

User Profile
replied January 27th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
This could be due to addison disease.
I would suggest you to have serum cortisol to sort it out.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan
|
Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.