Medical Questions > Cancer > Colon Cancer Forum

Diverticulitis and extreme pain

User Profile
I've had horrible pain in my left side for years. I've also had several colonoscopy tests. While diverticulitis has been confirmed, none of several Drs. have thought it was severe enough for surgery. I've taken so many antibiotics over the years for bowel infections, I must be immune to all of them by now. The latest tests in December showed "red spots" on the inner surface of my colon. They biopsied them and said they were non-cancerous, but did not say what they were. They told me they didn't think it was severe enough for surgery and to go eat yogurt with probiotics in them. That actually did help for six months, but I'm back to the agonizing pain and antibiotics again. It's debilitating. Should I just keep seeing doctors until someone finally helps me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 27th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Valky and welcome to ehealth:..Have you checked with the Mayo Clinic to see if they can help?...Very often they are able to solve a problem that other people cannot find...I'm not sure about your insurance, but ours would cover this...You may want to check it out...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied July 27th, 2010
Oil enemas !
Hi Valky,

Do you give yourself enemas? If you tried enemas with olive oil or sesame oil it should be soothing. Be sure to use purified water to clear the area of feces, then once that is done, add the oil and lay down with it. Try 1 cup slightly warmed. Then, go to bed! Don't expel it!
|
Must Read
Diverticulitis can affect any area of the digestive tract. Learn more about basic digestive system anatomy as we define what is diverticulitis here....
Do doctors know what causes internal inflammation of the digestive system? Are you at risk of developing diverticulitis? Learn more now....
Learn the characteristic signs of diverticulitis, and its possible complications here. Plus, more on when to seek help for diverticulitis in this section....