Hi Doc!

Here's the background. I am a 25 yr old female software engineer. I work 5 days a week and do not do any physical exercise(I plan to do but somehow never find time).
I seem to have very very disturbed sleep these days. I sleep at 10:30 PM or 11 and i wake up at least twice during the night. I don't know what wakes me up.Sometimes it is to go the bathroom but usually no reason at all. Mornings are very bad because of less sleep and i feel tired through out the day!!!!

Please help..is there something that I can eat/drink to get good sleep..

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tara
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 16th, 2010
Experienced User
it sounds strange but try to do some exersise in the evening as this will make you more phisicly tird and help you sleep. i would also sugest aciding caffen in the late afternoon and evening as it is a stimulent and will make it harder to sleep. but also see your docter as it may be that you have a sleep desorder which needs to be treated.
|

replied June 16th, 2010
Supporter
Go to the drug store in the vitamin department and buy yourself some melatonin. Its natural and is actually what our body produces to induce sleep. Maybe you are under a lot of stress lately and do not realize it. Are you able to go right back to sleep after you wake up? Try the vitamin's and if they don't work maybe your doctor can prescribe something that can help you get back to a normal sleep pattern. I can relate because I wake up constantly at night. But I have medical issues causing it. I know how frustrating how it can be.
|

replied June 16th, 2010
Thank you guys...will try..It's only getting worse by the day..In the last 3 days, I have slept for 3 hours only
|

replied June 17th, 2010
Supporter
Another thing to condisder is when you are having exteme stess this can also cause these sleep diorders. I was able to stay awake for 36 hours at a time literary. At at the end of those 3 days I felt so happy I could have such a good sleep. I know it was'nt normal so I sought help. I fist saw psychologist who referred me to a psychiatrist sho ws able to prscibe me some sleep sedatives that really helped to get me back on a normal sleep schedual, I also that overwhelming stess might be causing the syptoms, I had so much going on in my life it eventually led to a bipolar diagnoses brougt on by my daughters cancer diagosis. Sometimes during overwheming stess can cause this, Many people believe his only thinks that this disorder starts in puberty but that is not is aleayd not the case. you may want so seek a professional opinion, be open, and express all of your symptoms. I buy no means sugesting you have a prblems such as this. but a professional opintion can help. It is not normal to have such a sever sleep disorder. I hope this helps cindy.
|