Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Distracted, difficulty concentrating, short term memory loss

Hi. I'm having a couple of problems that are really frustrating me senseless. I am becoming increasingly prone to short term memory loss, I have trouble staying on topic when I'm speaking to someone(I'd be talking about one thing, kind of redirect to something else, talk about that, and then return to whatever I was talking about in the first place). Sometimes I would still be talking and then suddenly get flustered and forget what I was talking about. I'm having trouble concentrating in class. No matter how hard I try, I can't stay focused for any longer than 40 minutes.For some reason, when I'm playing computer or playing guitar, I can still focus. But when it comes to doing important things like exams, I'd get distracted. I'd forget the simplest things, like today when I put a guitar plectrum down on a place and said I would remember where I put it in the first place, but five minutes later, I'm looking for it and can't find it anywhere. I'm really frustrated out of my mind! Please help. Do you know what might be the cause?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2012
Experienced User
Drugs?
Medications?
Stress?
Lack of sleep?
Something organic?
Brain Injury?
Any one of a bunch of things that didn't pop right into my head?

Give me something to work with here, maybe?
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....