Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Pancreas Disorders Forum

Distal pancreatectomy complications

I had a cyst on the tail of my pancreas and had surgery to remove half of my pancreas and my spleen on June 11, I left the hospital a week later with a stomach drain. Everything had been going pretty well, have had to keep the drain in due to the amount of leaking that I was still having. At the end of June they collected the drainage and my amylase level was 571 so they decided to leave the drain in for the time being. I was having no pain and was feeling good. Then on monday i started experiencing severe pain and the drainage in my tube started to change, after going to the er and following up with my doctor, it was determined my pancreas was inflamed and was severely leaking, the drainage now had a amylase level of 4753, i had to get a sandostatin shot and i am on antibiotics and pain meds. I am wondering if anyone else had these type of complications and what the outcome was?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 25th, 2013
distal pancreatectomy
Hi, I am due to have the same operation in September. I am very worried, how are you now ? How old are you? im 41
|

replied October 1st, 2013
How are you now
|
Must Read
Gastritis is a general term for stomach disorder. Learn more about types of gastritis, and the anatomy of the stomach in this basic intro to gastritis....
Gastritis occurs when the stomach lining becomes irritated and inflamed. But what can cause this medical condition? Are you at risk of this stomach disorder?...
Gastritis, or stomach inflammation, can be either acute or chronic. Learn how to tell the difference and know when to seek medical help by reading here....