Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Distal fibula shocking pains run up my leg a yr later

A year ago in September I fractured my distal fibula. I got a cast and had crutches then had a walking cast, after the cast came off I got a black boot and then after that just a lace up ankle brace. I never wore the lace up ankle brace because it would hurt my ankle when I had shoes on or if I was even in just my socks. I missed my last appointment with my orthopedic doctor and never rescheduled it, which I didn't have a problem with because my ankle was doing good, and I didn't have pain. But the other day I was walking up stairs and I felt a shocking pain run up right where my fibula is, I didn't really think much about it until it happened later that night when I was running I felt the same shocking pain run up my leg. It has happened multiple times in the past week, and I'm not sure what's wrong if it's just hurting because I broke it and I have to live with it and go on or if something is truly wrong. I did not do physical therapy after I broke it because I didn't feel I needed it because everything was going good with it and it felt good. Maybe I just need to build up more strength in it?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....