Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Distal Femoral Knee Lengthening Osteotomy

I have a 13 yr. old son that has CP and this surgery is recommended. We are located in Denver and I cannot find anyone who has had this surgery done on their child (including asking physical therapists).
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have you tried looking for online forums and support groups for people with CP or others with conditions that can warrant this, such as dwarfism? What about calling orthopedic surgeons' offices and asking if they know of any of their patients that have had this would be willing to speak with you? I know privacy is always a big issue, but if you just ask if they could ask their patients or point you in the direction of a support group.

I'm assuming you want to talk to people to see what to expect. You may also try doing online and off-line research on the subject. I know there have to be medical journal articles, books, and things like that around.

Good luck. I hope everything goes well for your son.
|

replied May 21st, 2009
Community Volunteer
What about that big Danny Thomas children's hosptial, St. Jude's in Memphis, Tenn....I believe that this a free hospital that helps children...Check it out...I have heard it is great....

Good luck and I send you all my deepest hopes for a recovery...It really bothers me when children are affected through no fault of their own, in life...Best wishes...

Caroline
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....