I don't know what it could be but I've had this going for about a year. I started out with a pain or ball like structure under my right rib like something was in the way under the rib or just below it. It feels like whatever it is, is being squished by my ribs making my right and left rib clash with each other.
The pain goes around my rib and down to my lower abdomen making it feel almost like a tight feeling on my right side of my stomach. And also when I lay down on my back my right ribs/lungs feel sore like if I had worked out and only my right side was affected.
I also have back problems which could or could not be associated with the above problem.
Anybody else have similar problems or may know what it is? I was diagnosed with IBS but I've exercised and started eating healthy but the problem persists. Please help its really annoying.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied February 7th, 2010
Hi, have a very similar thing - awaiting blood test results and a scan, I will let you know the outcome.
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....