Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

discomfort to the right of the shaft of the penis

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
Been having some discomfort in the groin/lower abdomen area, more specifically, the area just to the right of where the shaft of the penis starts, in that "groove" between leg and groin, going up to just below the appendix. There is also discomfort below my navel. The discomfort to the right of my penis, in the "groove" is relieved with hot baths or painkillers (using Aleve). On occassion this discomfort shifts to the left side, though more pronounced, more often, on right. Also occurs more when I'm sitting. Laying down or able to stretch legs generally relieves symptoms.

I've been having some gastro issues of late, acid reflux/ulcer related.

The groin pain very rarely goes down to my scrotum, but can reach just under it on either side.

I drink lots of soda and tea, but last few days have replaced this with water and cranberry juice.

No discomfort in urination. No back or kidney pain. Some constipation and one instance of near diarrhea since these discomforts manifested.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A19549
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

Based on the history, it seems that the lower abdominal pain could be due to renal stones. Pain that originates due to renal issues (Stones, infection) is episodic ,spasmodic or colicky in nature, originating in the flank and radiating to the lower belly, inner thigh or the testicles. It is associated with other symptoms like nausea, vomiting , etc.

You might consider consulting a Urologist for a physical examination and additional evaluations including a urinalysis, and an ultrasound of the abdomen and this will help to initiate necessary treatment.

I hope you find this information useful.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.