Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

discomfort in left side of my stomach/abdomen?

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
i m 24 years old.female.for the past 2/3 months i have been feeling this discomfort in the left side of my stomach/ feels like something is moving.and sometimes it feels heartbeat like or pulse like sensation.sometimes this discomfort can be felt in the left side of my back to around waist.sometimes it feels around naval area and in the entire area.mostly this discomfort is felt in the upper abdomen.and i have leg pain too.its on my left leg or heels hurt.none of the pain is too strong.and my lips are always dry.and sometimes so is my mouth.english is not my 1st language so please forgive any mistake i made.but please answer me as soon as possible.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 21st, 2011
Abdominal Pain Answer A21084

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. In view of the description of the discomfort which you're going through, there are a few possiblities which need to be entertained.

Firstly, it could be a stone in the urinary tract. The stone can produce pain/discomfort in the left abdomen and the back. An ultrasound/CT scan of the abdomen can help in ruling out the same.

Another possibility is acute gastritis/pancreatitis. Serum amylase/lipase levels will help in ruling out pancreatitis. Please consult a physician for the same. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.