User Profile

I'm 52 male

I used to smoke weed once every night for relax purpose due to life stress for more than 20 years

I have 3cm Hernia hernia cause acid reflex 5 years ago and used to take PPI nexium 40 change lately to dexilant 60 , that was discovered by Endoscope done 5 years back and again last month with no change case.

a couple of month back i started to feel discomfort in my chest muscle along to my right arm when i talk continuously or loudly or emotionally ,chest doctor make investigation and x-ray and he said normal , cardiology doctor make ECG stress test and echo test all are fine

brain and nerve doctor makes Clinical investigation and he said you normal and this may be due to tension and advise me to give up smoking drugs which i gave me vitamin b complex and anti depression medicine.

but i still have the same problem discomfort in my chest muscle along to my right arm when i talk continuously or loudly or emotional

what do you advice me to do?


Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2018
Muscular and Nerve Disorders Answer A63647
Hi, and thanks for your query on eHealth forum!

Well, yes, possible to have chest pains due to anxiety, especially since you get them when you are talking loudly or are emotionally involved. Other than this a very important cause of pain is hiatal hernia. This can cause chest pain and this pain can radiate to right arm at times of stress and as stress increases reflux.

The root cause of anxiety needs to be found. This can be done by using various counseling techniques. So, it is very important to consult a therapist/counselor. Other than this, try yoga and meditation. You can also enroll in music and art classes as both are therapeutic. Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of water. Take up some form of exercise as it improves thought process too.

Please consult your healthcare provider for further guidance. This reply to your query is just for education and counseling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit and treatment by a doctor who can examine you. Hope this helped you in making an informed decision about your health. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Muscular and Nerve Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.