Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
User Profile
I've had a discolouration at the head of my penis for over mayb a year, i believe the glans. There are two areas which have turned light brown, one patch on the left side of the head which is around 0.8 in length and 0.4cm in width this patch appears to be completely flat.

The other to the right is a much smaller brown patch around 0.3cm in diameter when I stretch this area the small patch appears to be composed of smaller patches that are elevated on the surface probably less than 0.1cm (there are also tiny red dots surrounding this area and the surface surrounding this area is not smooth like my left side, but broken up with tiny red dots)

There are also 4 small moles that have appeared around the penis, varying from 0.1-0.4cm in diameter, all flat.

I have being to my GP, he said it is mere erratic pigmentation of the skin but I am still very worried. I have booked an appointment with a dermatologist but that will not happen for another 2 month.

Could this be penile cancer?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 23rd, 2010
Sexual Health - Men Answer A13457
Hi there, thank you for posting your question. My answer is not intended as a substitute to visiting your own doctor but I hope I can be of some little help.

I have seen what you describe here many times over the years (I have performed 30,000 vasectomies) Odd pigmentation on your glands penis is nothing to be concerned about.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexual Health - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.