Hello, I am new to this forums. I was diagnosed this past June with Discoid Lupus. Was recently at the doctor and the creams are not helping. They want me to try Plaquenil. I am nervous about taking this. I have ibs, anxiety and diverticulitis. Any thoughts from anyone?

Farm girl
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 8th, 2013
Anyone?????
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2013
plaquenil
I wish I could give you good news my diagnosis was dermatomyositis/mixed connective tissue disease...I have tried thalidomide,dapsone,plaquenil,methotrexate , triacolone cream,dapsone gel,many many steroids...still cant get rid of facial lesions.... I am on plaquenil and methotrexate now,600 mg plaquenil daily and 17 mg methotrexate(WK)I am exhausted and sad about the lesions....If you have insurance maybe look in to laser skin therapy and or immunoglobin therapy...the side effects of plaquenil are minor if any but I just dont see results other than muscle pain is weekened...
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....