Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

discharge, pain, irregular periods...

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I'm 17. I started my period when I was 14. They have never been regular. I may have it two months in a row, and then miss two or three months, have one again, and then miss again.

My assortment of symptoms have been getting more pronounced. I've had clear/yellowish discharge. I have pain in my low pelvic area(I have no idea which female organ it is, I'm not too familar with anatomy)I also have pain in my ovaries. I also have pain that sort of radiates from my pelvic area down to my leg. I have no idea what's going on. And the pain isn't when I'm having my period. It's stabbing or cramping depending where the pain is located.

I've been to a OBGYN. She did was a pelvic exam, & a pregnancy test. Though I'm a virgin. I don't know if that could have anything to do with my condition.She didn't do a pap. She said I needed more tests.

I dont know what to do. I have other symptoms like headaches, fatigue, irritability. I don't know if they're related. My biggest fear is that its cancer.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 28th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A32118
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Cancer chances in your age group are minimal/rare (ovarian cancer is infrequent below 40 years of age, endometrial cancer usually is seen between 60-70 years, cervical cancer is seen usually in sexually active women of 25-50 years). The symptoms that you describe could suggest possibility of ovulation pain, ovarian cysts, PCOD, pelvic adhesions, PID, fibroids, endometriosis etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the symptoms that you describe. Treatment as needed (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms and regulate your periods. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.