I've been on the pill for almost two months and have intercourse often. I get extremely wet and lubricated when I become sexually aroused. But recently I attempted to have sex with my boyfriend and at first there was a white thick discharge followed by a brown bloody mixture of discharge. Sex has become extremely painful and the brown discharge has continued. I believe this could be related to my yaz birth control but I don't think that sex should be painful. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 13th, 2009
Hi.
Alarm bells may ring when you first read this reply but dont panic, what you've described actually sounds like and STI - Chlamydia to be precise. With chlamydia, women usually experiance a thick discharge throughout the day, and during sex it does become very painful, the brown colour in the discharge is blood, and often with chlamydia you will bleed after intercorse and bleed irregularly throughout the day without any intercorse. Remember, being on the pill does not protect you from any sexually transmitted infections, and if you do decide to have unprotected sex with a partner, you must consider having regular tests, some of which (when being tested for chlamydia) you can actually do at home, others take place at walk in centers and your hospital, which test you for everything (pain free). Make an appointment with your GP as soon as possible and notify them on your concerns, and they'll point you in the rite direction. Do this as soon as possible, although im not 100% it is chlamydia, it does sound like thats the case. Take care and i hope i helped you out xo
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....