Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Digestive issues and concerns, acid reflux, diverticulitis and I

User Profile
Hello fellow members. I am a 54 year old male, a bit overweight but stable.
For very many years I have been treated for acid reflux and or GERD, this was said to result from my shift work and stress levels.
The treatment has been Omeprazole once a day for maybe 12 years recently changed to Lansoprazole due to my acid becoming uncontrolled again.

The acid is bothering me almost constantly but especially at night or when I need to sleep for shifts.
I feel slightly sick all the time and my appetite is very low, I eat because I must to keep awake at work etc.

I also have confirmed IBS and in the last three years diverticular disease but only limited.
My other main symptom has been bloating, so much so that when sitting down I have to undo my belt and trousers.
Most times it subsides after sleep.
I am getting fed up with being told its all down to stress.

I really am struggling now, I need to know what I have and how to manage it, too much too little acid? something more sinister?

I'd be grateful for any help or suggestions?

Regards

Sef
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to have H Pylori antibody titres and endoscopy to look for the cause.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Users who thank Dr Shafi Ullah Khan for this post: Sefton 

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2018
Many thanks, going to ask for this Thursday coming. My symptoms have changed again.
Very uncomfortable bloating under my breast area and lower abdomen. Also crampy feelings and soreness when I press on my left lower side. Also I am seeing undigested food in my No2s as well as some what looks like blood clots, not masses but maybe some. Could be the diverticular I guess? Very fed up, feel so bad with it all
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.