Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

diganoised with Arthritis &Sciatica

User Profile
Can you give me some medical advice?? I was just diganoised with Arthritis &Sciatica . I scared about not being able to walk as my legs get very stiff & throbbing . What can be done to cure this nagging pain & soreness?? Can exercise help with Arthritis.What measures can be employed to kill the pain?? My back gets sore & tight ,feels someone is squeezing my nerves &muscles in my back,then this soreness travels down to my legs.Any pertinent info . would be very helpful.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2014
Arthritis Answer A48242
Thank you for asking
All the troubles are quite classic presentation of sciatic pains and arthralgia. Sciatica is a nerve compression at lumbar vertebrae where it arises from and slipped discs and narrowed foriminal openings secondary to arthralgia are the reason.
Now the management of the pain is definitely a multidimensional approach with exercise and physiotherapy a major entity followed by pain management either conservatively or with a little intervention like ESI epidural steroid injection or decompressive surgeries to relieve the pain with some lifestyle modifications like losing weight, avoiding lifting heavy weights, sleeping on flat surface lying straight on floor to help the disc with gravity, using friendly postures while sitting like semiflexed knees and trunk under support.stop worrying the issue is quite common and resolves eventually unless age related osteoarthritis which will be managed conservatively for symptoms only then.stay in touch with your rheumatologist for further guidance and management.a physiotherapy consult would also be great.
I hope it helps.take care and visit our health centre for further guidance.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Arthritis is the most common cause of disability in the United States. Learn more about types of arthritis here....
Do you feel pain and stiffness in your body or have trouble moving around? You might have arthritis. Learn more about arthritis signs and symptoms here....
Signs and symptoms of rheumatic diseases are common to many different diseases. Diagnose arthritis correctly using these step-by-step diagnosis instructions....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Arthritis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.