Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal hyperstanosis (DISH disease)

I was diagnosed 14 years ago with diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperstanosis (DISH). What is the best kind of physician to treat this condition who would have a lot of knowledge? I am very advanced and have had multiple surgeries. I am searching for someone to walk this road along with me who can offer some kind of help and knowledge as to what to expect and to make me more comfortable...give me a QOL. Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 18th, 2014
DISH is a phenomenon and not a disease. It does not need medical care, it involves mostly vertebral ligaments but it is shown and proved innocuous rather protective from different ligamentous strains and back aches.

No exercise, physiotherapy etc is needed. Just be the way you are and thats it.

Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Orthopedics , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.