Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Diffrence between Schitzophrenia and Bipolar ?

User Profile
Hey guys, I was wondering what the diffrence between Schitzophrenia and Bipolar disease is. I really dont know, and I cant figure out the diffrences. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks,
Gracie
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 17th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Heya Gracie012
In very very generalized terms Schizophrenia is an inability to differentiate between real and imagined things where the victim will create justifications to explain tricks the mind plays on them. Bipolar disorder is an uncontrollable mood swing where the victim will have unexplained unexpected emotional responses. There is a lot of overlap between these disorders but they are distinct diseases. Both disorders also have a variety of associated disorders caused by the mind's attempt to cope with the diseases which tends to make each Bipolar and each Shizophreniac unique.
|

User Profile
replied September 17th, 2009
Supporter
i think bipolar is when you are content one minute and then you are enraged the next.

schizophrenia is when your able to hear voices speak to you,hallucinations, dullusions, racing thoughts, difficult completing tasks, memory problems,
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2009
Experienced User
do people ask this question to rub it in schizo ppl's faces that they hallucinate? because i'm quite tired of this question. i've always known what schizophrenia is, and its differences from bipolar. if so then it is just a bash for relief and so they smile because if you hallucinate then you have schizo. and there is no religious explanation for hallucinations or relevant scientific explanations that involves the holying of our species because doctors will tell you so. also it is a lot more efficient if people will stay in line. so know what bipolar is, it's when you go up and down like a wild poko.
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
No, people ask questions to get answers. The fact that you know the difference is likely why you're not asking the question.
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...