Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Difficulty processing words?

Sometimes I have trouble processing every day words and it causes a sharp pain in my head or I feel like I'll black out. I have no idea where it stems from since I use these words all the time then suddenly someone will say a word (any word) and I can't process it and my brain tells me that the word doesn't 'feel right' and then i'll feel the massive pain in my head. Does anyone have any idea what it is?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
Supporter
hello im not sure about your problem however i would be asking myself if you are maybe experiencing minor seziures..there are a few forms of epileptic seizures and a friend of mine took them frequently and yet i never picked up on it as she just stared as if in deep concenration..i had to learn not shake her or attract her attention when taking one..
not alot of information and im here to advise so hope this is of some help too you.
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2009
This is defiantly something you'll want to see a doctor about. It could be a problem with you're brain. If it's a recent thing or something you have not suffered your whole life from, then it could be a tumor or brain injury.
If it's something you've suffered your whole life then it may be a brain defect or seizures, but regardless, it is something you'll want to talk to you're doctor about.
|
Tags: brain, head
Quick Reply
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....