Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Difficulty in urination and UTIs

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
User Profile
I had unprotected sex 3 nights ago with someone I just met. (Yes, stupid, I know). I felt fine the next night, and had unprotected sex with my long time friend that I've been monogomous with for a long time, thinking that the night before was a mistake and moving on from it. I trust her, we are great and monogomous. We have never used protection in years.
On the second day, however, I have been feeling like I have to pee constantly, and have been. I even feel kind of bubbling in my lower abdomin and pressure there. Again, I go to urinate and a little comes out, but I have had this sensation that I have to pee constantly for two days.
I want to go to the doctor to check it out, but is it too early? Nothing burns, but there must be an infection. What should I do? Should I wait a certain amount of time, or just get it checked? Could I have infected my monogomous partner the next day after 24 hours? I am full of shame and guilt, but want to make the right health decisions.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 25th, 2009
Urinary and Bladder Disorders Answer A8006
The symptom of difficulty in passing urine and little urine coming out suggests a possible urinary infection. It may also be associated with a burning sensation. A sensation of an urge to pee and increased frequency and pain in the bladder region are also other symptoms of urinary infection.

The infection can be present in the urethra or urinary bladder. The condition will require tests like a urinary examination and urine culture for bacteria. A confirmed diagnosis of urinary tract infection requires a broad spectrum antibiotic. In resistant cases, antibiotic based on the urinary culture report can be given.

Please see your doctor for further examination and investigations. Similarly, your partner may also need medication after tests if urinary tract infection is confirmed in your case. Thank You

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Urinary and Bladder Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.