Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Difficulty in remembering and recalling

I have difficulty in remembering what I have read. I cant often recall unless I consciously reinforce this material. This is even true for what I may heard or seen. Maybe there is an issue at perception stage due to lower attention. However, even if I am consciously trying to remember, I still have difficulty recalling. There may be a better way of recalling. I have read about loci and other methods. However, this may apply to more academic or structured learning activities.

At times I also face difficulty in concentrating where I tend to move from one thought quickly to another. Even while reading a sentence I may lose track of the initial part by the time I reach the end of sentence.

I am only talking about every day activities like listening, watching tv, reading newspaper.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 26th, 2010
Hey teejey. I know exactly how you feel. I use to read dozens of books and could recall phone numbers. I was listening to a natural doctor on tv about six months ago and tried a supplement she mentioned and I could not believe how much it helped me remember. The very first day I could remember things I had not remembered ever before. Also my dreams were really intense and I could remember them the next morning. The supplement is Phosphatidyl Serine Matrix. It really helped me.

I wish you the best.
|

replied May 26th, 2010
I was look more for some technique or method of thinking or some area that i may be missing. I am not so sure about taking supplements.
How long have you been using it ? Do the results persist even after you have stopped using ? What deficiency does it remove ?
|

replied May 26th, 2010
I'm not sure of your age or what medications you may be taking or have taken but all of those could be variables in the loss of short term memory. Plug into google the supplement I told you about and get the results from the suppliers who have more knowledge than I do. But I do know that with using if for 6 months now, I can write again, work again and remember things I did yesterday a lot clearer. It helps me to live in the moment and not in a vacuum of thoughts. As we grow older we do loose some of our ability to remember. It is a natural process if our bodies are needing a nutrient that it is not getting. That is the reason for supplements, to help with the natural "charging up" of the brain so it can function correctly.
|

replied July 7th, 2010
Was hoping for some responses to this to get to the bottom of the problem. Any more tips ?
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....