Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

difficulty getting stool out and prick feel on abdomen

User Profile
I am a 19 year old male Latino about 6 feet, 180 pounds. I have been recently affected with a needle prick-like sensation on the lower left abdomen, also I have difficulty of getting my stool out of me but there is no blood in my stool. Been like this for only a few days
and I need to know what is the possible cause?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2014
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A46110
Thank you for asking!
Age of 19 with sudden pain and needle sensations in lower abdomen with difficulty in passing stools is a simple constipation with most likely cause of lifestyle and diet perversions and all it would need is modifying them with plenty of fluids intake and soft fibrous diet. Good toilet habits eg using toilet after 10 minutes of early morning breakfast for 10 minutes using valsalva maneuvers (Holding deep breaths) and let the stools come with no forcing them to come. Take some laxatives like lactulose and some antispasmodics like phloroglucinols or hyoscine and it will resolve.Make a proper sleep and routine for every activity. And hold on your nerves and don't let them overburden you. A good psychological profile with a healthy lifestyle is the key here. You have the weapon of Adolescence where even stones once eaten get digested. So no worries for a little stool resisting to come out.
Take care

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: abdomen, feet, male
Quick Reply
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.